Your Views about The Uxbridge News Desk

If you have anything to say about the posts on this blog please leave a comment in the comment box. I look forward to hearing your views because criticism is essential to a reporter's development. Alternatively you can email me at: katiegoodall@googlemail.com

NEWS REPORTER KATIE GOODALL JOURNALISM DIARY

Tuesday 9 October 2007

VOX POP METROPOLITAN LINE

Metronet, the company responsible for maintaining the Metropolitan line went into administration last week. Reporter KATIE GOODALL asked commuters at Ruislip and Uxbridge stations what effect they thought this would have on services, proposed redevelopments to the line and maintainence of the tracks. Pauline Aukett, Retired, Eastcote. "I think it's bad. They are trying to get people off the roads, but they need to make the train service more affordable. They must keep the redevelopment up-to-date. I find the trains excellent when I use them. I tend not to go out in the rush hour, and we mainly use the car. I use the trains more now because the roads are busy." Jenny Shanahan, 69, Retired, Harrow "I think the improvements are important, espaecially for disabled people. They should concentrate on accessibility for disabled people and pensioners and people who cannot climb stairs, above all else." Barbara Lequesne, 58, Housewife, Pinner "They have the money to finish the redevelopment. I believe they are getting new rolling stock in 2010. For Pinner, the service has been better lately. Perhaps they should redesign the interiors. The redevelopment affects us all at weekends. They are spending a lot, and what they are doing with it is not clear." Jennie Alexander, 44, Occupational Therapist, Harrow. "I think the redevelpoment is a good idea if it includes all of the people who use the trains. Not many of the stations cater for disabled people. They need to improve the function rather than make them look pretty. I have travelled from Harrow-on-the-Hill to Uxbridge by train, which has been efficient enough." Barhanu Muha, 21, Hillingdon "I have had a lot of problems on the tube today. I use it from London where I work to here. I the Metronet problems mean the trains are going to be more unreliable I would be unhappy. When I come from Victoria the train doesn't come all the way straight away to Uxbridge, we are stuck in Ruislip. I hope the redevelopment isn't delayed."

No comments:

VISITOR COUNTER


View My Stats