Your Views about The Uxbridge News Desk

If you have anything to say about the posts on this blog please leave a comment in the comment box. I look forward to hearing your views because criticism is essential to a reporter's development. Alternatively you can email me at: katiegoodall@googlemail.com

NEWS REPORTER KATIE GOODALL JOURNALISM DIARY

Thursday 21 August 2008

My Trainee Journo Journey is almost at an end.

I am currently writing a 15,000 masters thesis for my MA in Journalism entitled: Do the press treat the royal family as celebrities looking at tabloid newspaper and glossy magazine coverage between May-July 2008. I have 5 weeks until D Day-Dissertation Deadline Day, although I am now pounding the keyboard to get it finished this week because I know how valuable editing and rewriting time can make or break a good thesis, which hopefully will explain to my blog readers why I have not kept this blog updated since Easter. I've actually been super busy, preparing for a full set of NCTJs and a full-time masters degree as well as completing over 120 days newsroom experience at 4 radio stations (Hospital Radio Hillingdon, 91.8 Hayes FM, IRN for 5 days and University Radio Brunel) and The Uxbridge Gazette series. I have also submitted freelance articles into UnLimited which is a retail magazine. This morning I prepared (read and edited) a local news package for 91.8 Hayes Fm after a three week stint as a radio producer/editor. Anyway, time to get back to the dissertation, I'm aiming for it to be finished by the end of this week.................... I will keep you posted about my journo journey soon.

No comments:

VISITOR COUNTER


View My Stats